Warehouse

Fredman Bag Historic Logos

Over a Century of Quality and Recycling

As a fifth-generation, family-owned and operated manufacturing business, Fredman Bag has been bringing quality bags to the marketplace for over 120 years. The company was established as A. Fredman and Son with the idea to buy, sell, and trade used bags primarily for feed mills in Southeastern Wisconsin. Today Fredman Bag prints and converts quality custom poly bags and films with a mission aimed at total customer satisfaction. Whether you are looking for a high-end, process-printed, reclosable bag or a plain poly envelope, Fredman Bag has the capabilities to suit your needs.

Read our Mission

Fredman Bag is also committed to saving the environment. The company was founded on recycling used burlap bags for reuse.

Read our Environmental Statement

*Adobe® Reader® is required to view some documents

Adobe Reader

History of Fredman Bag

1889: Established as A. FREDMAN AND SON

1913: Incorporated as FREDMAN BAG COMPANY at 322 E. Broadway in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. Burlap bags were vacuum cleaned and repaired at this facility.

1922: FREDMAN BAG COMPANY relocates to 330 E. Clybourn Street, Milwaukee, Wisconsin in a four-story warehouse building to house expanding inventory and additional used bag processing equipment.

1930: Purchase and installation of first printing press (hand-fed, one bag-at-a-time) for imprinting used burlap and cotton bags.

1939: Product line is expanded to include closing materials such as wire ties, twines and sewing threads

1946: Sales coverage is expanded to the upper Midwestern United States, as distribution of textile and multiwall paper bags were added to the product lines. Now serving industrial markets in addition to agricultural.

1951: Purchase and installation of printing and sewing equipment to manufacture new printed burlap, cotton, and mesh bags.

1959: Product line is expanded to include the distribution of polyethylene film and bags to serve portions of rapidly growing markets

1968: FREDMAN BAG COMPANY constructs and relocates to a new 28,000 square-foot manufacturing facility located at 5801 W. Bender Court, Milwaukee, Wisconsin, with and eye trained on the future of the ever-growing polyethylene film and bag market.

1970: Purchase and installation of first bag making machinery used to convert polyethylene films. Diversification needed to offset shrinking markets for textile bags and related products.

1976: Purchase and installation of first flexographic printing press for printing on plastic films to meet the growing demands of more and better print for industrial markets.

1984: Purchase and installation of additional polyethylene printing and bag making machinery as focus swings to polyethylene bags. The customer base continues to grow and sales coverage becomes national.

1989: FREDMAN BAG COMPANY celebrates its 100th year as a family-owned business. Production of textile bags is discontinued in order to focus manufacturing efforts on value-added flexible packaging. Textile bags continue to be distributed.

1993: Purchase and installation of machinery to produce zipper bags as the demand for reclosable packaging continues to grow in both retail and institutional markets

1996: Purchase and installation of six-color, wide-web flexographic press for process printing...allowing us the opportunity to offer customers photographic quality images on their packaging.

2003: Purchase of a new 8-color process printing printing press to serve expanding needs and higher expectations of print-conscious buyers and end-users.

2004: Purchase of a 22,000 square-foot building at 5901 W. Bender court as growth continues, creating additional manufacturing and warehousing space, as well as additional bag-making and new slitting/rewinding equipment.

2007: FREDMAN BAG COMPANY wins its first award for graphic excellence in printing; The Badger.

120 Years of Service